Follow Max Factor’s step-by-step guide to achieve a failsafe smoky eye look
The smoky eye is a classic beauty look favoured by A-listers including Mila Kunis, Keira Knightley and Kristen Stewart on the red carpet, but it has a reputation for being difficult to recreate at home. Maintaining its founder’s belief that every woman can achieve glamour, Max Factor has created a step-by-step guide to make the smoky eye part of your beauty repertoire.
Whether you want a slightly subtler day look or you’re ready to make a statement, the versatile smoky eye can cater to both. “As a general rule, keep the intensity of colour around your lash line,” suggests Max Factor make-up artist Caroline Barnes. “Then gently blend the colour outwards towards your socket, so it disappears into nothing.”
Ready to try a smoky eye for yourself? Read on…
– Smudge Wild Shadow Pencil in Savage Silver into the inner corner of your lids and under the tear ducts to highlight.
– Next, take Wild Shadow Pencil in Caramel Rage and blend it across the rest of your lid and under the outer corners of your lower lashes.
– If you’re after an elegant daytime look, finish by applying False Lash Effect Mascara in Black to give your lashes look-at-me length.
– For a wilder, party-ready look, blend Wild Shadow Pot in Brazen Charcoal into the socket, and wing it outwards to create a cat’s eye shape.
– Then define the lower lash line by applying Wild Shadow Pot in Ferocious Black with an Eye Definer brush and soften.
– Finally, apply False Lash Effect Mascara in Black to the bottom lashes to really accentuate the look.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox