Party Beauty Tips From The X Factor Style Team!
This week, we were lucky enough to get some exclusive beauty tips from the X Factor experts. Read on to stay looking gorgeous all party season!
Top Tips From X Factor Hairstylist Jamie Stevens
- Pre-Party Prep – When washing your hair at night, don’t rinse out your conditioner – instead, wrap your hair in cling film and go to sleep. The heat from the cling film will open up the cuticles, allowing the conditioner to penetrate and leaving your locks super-soft.
- Rather than always restyling your hair, have a few statement accessories like a jewelled clip or headband that you can pop on to transform your look from day to night.
- To stop curls from falling flat, tong your hair in the morning, then twist it up into messy bun. Leave it up throughout the day and by night your curls will have super-strong staying power.
- Plaits are really on trend at the moment, so give your updo an instant update by adding a braid. It'll also keep frizzy flyaways at bay. To give hair extra grip so it's easier to plait, try adding a sprinkle of Tresemme 24H Body Plumping Powder, £5.50.
- If you're creating a ponytail, brush your hair up to follow the contour of your jawline – this will make sure it flatters your face shape and shows off your best angles.
Top Tips From X Factor Make-Up Artist Julia Carta
- Adding a fine glitter to your party eyes will give them extra impact. Prep eyes with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, £14.50, then use a metallic cream shadow as a base. Next, use a damp eyeshadow brush to apply the glitter. The dampness will hold it in place, so that it doesn't go all over your face.
- Dust a loose powder around your eyes before applying shadow – this will act as a base, so any excess will be easier to remove. If you do end up with excess eyeshadow dust on your face, use a bit of masking tape to remove it.
- If you get a spot the day before a big night out, make sure you keep it clean and don't be tempted to pick it. Apply a tiny dot of green corrector to counteract the redness, then blend it with a cream concealer.
- When you're applying a strip of false lashes, cut it and use just the corner for a wide-eyed feline look. Use Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner, £5.29, before and after applying them, so they blend in flawlessly.
- Create your own custom lip colour by mixing a a loose shimmer pigment with a clear lipgloss.
The views expressed above are not those of Time Inc.(UK) Ltd or Look Magazine.