Lottie Tomlinson is fast becoming one of our favourite ladies for hair inspiration.
First, the 17-year-old rocked rainbow roots. Now she’s tried out another quirky and colourful trend – mermaid locks.
Lottie (who happens to be the younger sister of One Direction’s Louis) first unveiled her mystical lengths with an Instagram video last week.
See: 103 Hair Colour Ideas From Our Favourite Celebrities
She’d captioned the clip: ‘hiiii mermaid hair @tasher_spencer you are the BEST @bleachlondon xxx.’
It’s not exactly surprising that Lottie’s braved such a bold look. With over two million followers, she’s already something of an online beauty guru.
She also works with 1D’s make-up artist Lou Teasdale, as well as having her own website.
So it’s safe to say that we (and thousands of her fans) are well and truly in love with her style. Here’s why we reckon it’s the look of 2016…
1) With a smoky eye, you can perfect your rock chick look
2) Depending on the light, it can look either blue or green. Magic
3) Paired with a pink lippy, you’ll be perfecting the pastel trend
4) When you move, it looks like waves flowing down your back
5) Wearing all black? That’s cool, because your hair will instantly make you stand out
6) And it totally works with a cap
7) It shimmers even in the dimmest of places
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
8) What cooler colour for a beauty profesh to inspire people with?
9) Plaits + hoops = nailed 90s style
‘Scuse us. We’re off to buy some dye.