We’ll confess, we’ve seen some pretty ridiculous examples of household objects being used as beauty tools lately – knives for contouring is * defo* taking things too far!
But, we’ve stumbled across a new – and admittedly weird – way to style your hair into gorgeous, tumbling curls that’s fun and easy… using balloons.
Naturally, you’d imagine there isn’t a lot of things balloons can do except, well, make balloons. So we were as surprised as you are when this first appeared on our radar!
The bizarre technique was revealed by beauty blogger Tina Lee of MakeupWearables.com, who’s an all round hair hack guru.
In her latest video, Tina shows us how to use balloons to sculpt your locks into perfect bouncy curls.
While it might not be the most conventional method in the world, it’s completely heat free which we * always * welcome with open arms.
To create the look yourself…
• Start by tying slightly damp hair into a high ponytail.
• Then, take a small section of your hair and wrap it around a partially inflated balloon. You want to make sure the balloons aren’t too full of air so they don’t bust if you rest your head on anything.
• Do this with all the sections of your ponytail and secure your balloon ties to your head using a bobby pin.
• Wait 8 hours or overnight (carefully!) then unravel the ties.
• Gently run your fingers through your hair to separate the gorgeous, big curls.
By the look of Tina’s video, this totally crazy hack actually works wonders. We definitely won’t be knocking this one until we try it!
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
By Catherine Delves