Adriana Lima’s just kick-started a pretty new hair trend – hair bows!
The stunning supermodel hit this year’s amfAR Gala in New York looking like Jessica Rabbit in a figure-hugging strapless red satin gown. But of course, all eyes were on that prettier-than-pretty updo.
Turning to the side to reveal a neatly tied hair bow at the back of her head, Adriana has left beauty bloggers itching to recreate her cute knot.
So, how was it created? Well, it looks complicated, but actually, celebrity hairstylist Jennifer Yepez reveals it’s a whole lot easier than you’d think.
Read: The Ditzy Ponytail: Prepare To Fall In Love…
‘Adriana was wearing a beautiful red Marchesa dress and it had a detailed bow that had to be seen,’ she told Us Weekly. ‘So to show it off so we decided to do an up-do. And as an homage, we made a bow with Adriana’s beautiful long hair.’
Here comes the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Dry hair poker straight using a pure bristle brush and part hair down the middle.
2. Spritz with Kerastase Laque Couture before slicking back into a low ponytail.
3. Divide the ponytail into two sections and saturate the top layer with hairspray.
4. Blast it dry with a hairdryer and make a hair loop, securing with a hair tie. Repeat on the other section.
5. Wrap a few loose strands of hair around the hair bands to hide them, then straighten the leftover pieces.
6. Add a palmful of Nexxus Oil Infinite on the ponytail ends and finish with Kerastase K Gloss Appeal to keep it in place.
Et voila! A perfect hair bow will be yours.