Been using the same mascara for over 4 months? You could be very close to an eye infection or looking a little like a panda and neither are a very good look
So, here’s a few tips on how to fix your eye make up mistakes and get your fluttering men magnets looking flawless.
1. Want to end up without any eyelashes? Didn’t think so. So avoid curling your lashes after applying mascara, give your natural lashes a little perm and then your mascara will lift them up even more. Plus, you don’t want to clog up your curlers…
2. Don’t brush your smokey eye too far in. If it goes into your inner corner it’ll make your eyes look smaller. Instead, concentrate on the outer corner to create a sexy feline look.
3. Unless you fancy going for the panda look, don’t sleep in your eye make up. Or, any make up for that matter. Use an eye make up remover, we love the Bare Minerals Waterproof one.
4. Do you ever use foundation as an eye shadow primer? Well, don’t. It will only clog up in the crease of your eye and add about 10 years on. Try, Smashbox 24 Hour Photofinish Eyeshadow Primer for a flawless finish that will last all day/night.
5. Want to cover your dark circles? Of course you do, so make sure you’ve got the right colour concealer. Use a pinkish tint for green circles and a peachy tint for blue or purple coloured circles. This way the colours will counteract each other to hide the fact that you’ve got big bags under your eyes.
6. Don’t go overboard on the winged liner, we know it can get a bit stressful and we all struggle to get them both even, but putting on more and more to try and match them up can end up in disaster.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
7. Try and aim to always get waterproof mascara, it will stay put in rubbish weather and even if you get pushed into a pond you’ll still come out looking as glam as ever.
8. Change your mascara every 3 months or round about. Your mascara can build up bacteria and cause all sorts of nasty eye problems like sties, also, it’ll start going super clumpy. Try and store it in a cool, dry place and plus, what perfect excuse to go make- up shopping!
9. Don’t over do your eye shadow so it’s way up to the brow bone. You’ll look like a drag queen. End of story.
10. Don’t over pluck your brows. The natural shape is the one that suits your face most. Thick eyebrows will never go out of fashion, so put the tweezers down! A tidy up every now and then is essential, but ending up looking like a wannabe Vicky Pollard is never a good look.
By Lucia Campolucci- Bordi