Kate Middleton decided to do her own make-up for her big day, a brave step with so many eyes on her, but didn’t she do a great job? Her subtle brown smoky eye and flushed pink cheeks were the perfect choice for the royal day. Manicurist Marina Sandova, from the Jo Hansford salon, popped into Clarence House yesterday to give her a classic nude manicure using Bourjois Rose Lounge, £5.99, topped with a subtle shimmer in Essie’s Allure, £9.95.
- Step 1: First you need to start with your eyes. Wash a neutral base over the whole lid, then use a slightly darker brown shade in the socket and slightly above.
- Step 2: Line around the eyes with a brown/black kohl, take it the whole way around the eye and blend it in using the end of a cotton bud. Swipe on a layer of waterproof mascara – we don’t want the celebration tears ruining your look!
- Step 3: Create a flawless base using a lightweight foundation. Something inbetween a foundation and a tinted moisturer will be perfect and won’t look too heavy or thick.
- Step 4: Add a pink bubblegum blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend it up towards your hair line.
- Step 5: Brush over your brows with a dark brown eyebrow powder to make them look more defined.
- Step 6: Finish the look with a swipe of nudey-pink gloss and voila – you’ve been transformed into the perfect princess!