Understated, perfectly sculpted skin. Contoured eyes. And a classic lip. We are in all kinds of love with FKA Twig’s look from the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty Exhibition launch party. Make-up artist Carly Hobbs reveals how to Twig up your look tonight. Parrot feather coat optional.
1. This look needs strong beginnings, so mist Urban Decay All-Nighter Make-up Setting Spray, £21, all over your face. Typically used over the top of products, it actually acts as an amazing primer. Leave to dry for a few moments before taking on step two.
2. Swipe YSL Fusion Ink Le Teint Encre De Peau Foundation, £31.50, across your face with the quill type wand, then use fingers to blend. This fine formula sinks beautifully into the skin, becoming an almost invisible layer of perfection.
3. Use a contour brush to dust on the darker shade of Daniel Sandler Sculpt and Slim Effect Contour Face Powder, £24.50, in the hollows of the cheeks, sweeping the colour up towards the middle of the ear. Use on the jawline and to define the eye socket too. Next highlight with the lighter shade on the temples, top of the cheekbones, inner eye corners and beneath the brow arch.
4. Keeping the eyes naturally contoured you can afford to layer on The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara, £10. Apply a few coats, then add extra strokes on the outer corners on both the upper and lower lash lines.
5. Trace your lip line with Mac Lip Pencil in Cherry, £12.50, before filling in the lips too as this will give Rimmel London Kate Matte Lipstick in 101, £5.49, something to hold on to as you apply straight from the bullet.